The World Health Organization has now declared the coronavirus to be a global pandemic. In addition, Certified Mobile Notary Service (“the Company”) clients continue to require the Company to take steps to ensure uninterrupted business operations as this coronavirus threat increases.
The Company wants to be proactive in addressing the fact that our vendor panel does come in contact with our client’s customers. Signing Services of America is being diligent to ensure our vendor panel is staying healthy and protecting the health of our client’s customers.
It is important that you know the signs of coronavirus and what steps to take to prevent the spread of viral disease. To keep you aware and to make sure our vendor panel and customers stay healthy, we are sharing updated national and global coronavirus facts and prevention tips.
What is coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a communicable virus whose symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. The symptoms may first appear in as few as two days, and as long as 14 days, after exposure to the virus. The severity of the symptoms may range from mild in some cases, to severe illness and death, in other cases. The illness is believed to have started in recent weeks in China, and the majority of coronavirus cases have occurred in China, South Korea, and Italy.
How does a person contract coronavirus? Coronavirus is contracted most commonly as a result of a person’s exposure to a person who is infected with the coronavirus.
That exposure may be through respiratory droplets that the infected person produces when the person coughs or sneezes, or through close personal contact with an infected person, or as a result of touching an object or surface that has the virus on it, then touching one’s mouth, nose, or eyes before washing one’s hands.
What steps can a person take in order to avoid contracting coronavirus and other communicable respiratory ailments?
There currently is no vaccine to prevent coronavirus. As with any virus, however, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend the following everyday measures to help the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue into the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces, using a regular household spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available; the sanitizer should have at least 60% alcohol.
Steps You Need to Take Now
The Company is asking all of its vendors to be vigilant regarding the coronavirus and to take the following actions to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and to promote their own health and the health of those they come in contact with during the course of their workday:
- Practice the everyday health measures described in this memo.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or a cough.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Avoid travel to countries that have high incidences of cases of coronavirus.
- Avoid in-person contact with any person who has been diagnosed with coronavirus.
- Avoid contact with persons who have recently traveled to a country that has had a high incidence of coronavirus, until such time as those persons have been determined not to have the illness.
- Seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you may have been exposed to coronavirus or if you are experiencing symptoms of a respiratory ailment.
- If you are sick, please contact Certified Mobile Notary Service so that we can reschedule any appointments. If you are sick, do not accept a vendor assignment from Signing Services of America.
1. When you call to confirm your appointment with the borrower, please confirm with the borrower the following information:
a. Is there anyone with flu-like symptoms or, has exhibited flu-like symptoms including fever in the past week?
b. Has anyone traveled to an area impacted by the Coronavirus (i.e. China, Italy or King County Washington) in the last 14 days?
c. Has anyone been in close contact, in the last 14 days, with someone who has traveled to one of the impacted areas or has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
If any of the questions are answered affirmatively, you are to notify Signing Services of America so that we can work with our clients to make special arrangements due to the risk.
2. Notify borrowers of the following precautions to keep everyone safe:
a. Ask borrowers to supply their own pens so that you are not sharing;b. Let them know that you will not be following your normal protocol of shaking their hand; and
c. Notify the borrowers of any other precautions you may be taking like choosing to wear protective gloves during the closing.
We are asking as a vendor for Certified Mobile Notary Service that you take the precautionary measures to ensure that you are following the prevention measures as outlined in this memo when interacting with customers.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay healthy!
Certified Mobile Notary Service