Certified Mobile Notary Service (https://certifiedmobilenotaryservice.com) is seeking for someone to fill the position of a Senior/Junior Mortgage Underwriter to work remotely in the U.S.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
This position is responsible for analyzing and evaluating consumer home loan applications as well as supporting documentation to assess Borrower’s creditworthiness. Types of consumer loan applications include, but are not limited to Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA, and USDA residential first mortgages.
Must be able to recommend approval or denial of credit applications, and provide written and verbal decision and documentation to support the lending decision. Senior Underwriters will be assigned Lending Authority levels by Corporate Underwriting. Position levels start from III-V.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive.
- Perform mortgage credit analysis, with or without the assistance of an automated underwriting system to determine Borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the mortgage debt.
- Validate loan application and supporting documentation and verify that the system of record reflects the correct information. Update system of record when required.
- Review and validate: income, asset, credit, title, value, and fraud reports.
- Ensure all required property information is in the system.
- Look over all loans to substantiate that they meet underwriting guidelines.
- Pull the credit reports as required.
- Confirm government required documents are complete and accurate.
- Review title information and purchase contracts, if applicable.
- Run and review quality control tools –i.e. FraudGuard and Early Check.
- Run, review, and interpret DU/LP/GUS/TOTAL Scorecard, when applicable.
- Document the system with all dates and information.
- Certify system data integrity.
- May underwrite one or all of the following loan types: Conventional, Jumbo, FHA FHA, 203(k), VA, and USDA based on lending authority levels (underwritten loans must meet all quality standards established. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, and USDA).
- Maintain production standard goals as established by management.
- The ability to act as FHA, DE, and/or VA Automatic and SAR Underwriter, if not, should be pursuing these designations (based on lending authority level).
- Order and review MI based on the loan program. Ensure that system of record matches MI certificate.
- Approve/deny loans and update the system accordingly with P.A.C.E comments.
- Re-underwrite loans when additional information has been received.
- May be asked to second sign loan decisions for lower-level authority underwriters.
- May occasionally be required to provide training for and mentoring to Junior Underwriters and newly hired Senior Underwriters.
- Answer and research general underwriting scenario and guideline questions via email and phone.
- Complete all required underwriting worksheets and checklists (i.e. Income Worksheet and QM/ATR checklist).
- Assist in resolving branch post-closing suspense issues.
- Must be able to evaluate and analyze complex income tax returns to establish qualifying income.
- Other duties as assigned.
The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities as requested by the manager. Job responsibilities may change as required by the needs of the company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer and Internet.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/CONDITIONS: General office environment. Some lifting and bending required.
PAYMENT: $85.00-$200.00 per loan signing appointment
SIGN UP TODAY IF YOU WANT TO GET MOBILE NOTARY SIGNING JOBS!
What do we offer for Mobile Notary Signing Agents?
Go to https://certifiedmobilenotaryservice.com/signing-agent/ to find out!
Please give us a call at (405) 568-7539 if you would like to discuss the notary marketing options.
To expedite your registration submission, you can simply register online by selecting the right options on your application that you are seeking for your notary business.
Please reference agent ID CMNSTanyaPhilip whenever you call or sign up on your application.