Certified Mobile Notary Service (https://certifiedmobilenotaryservice.com) is now seeking for a talented Notary Licensing Advocate who will function as a primary point of contact for new agents joining us as they move through the process of on-boarding and becoming ready to sell. This is a remote, U.S. based position.
- 1/+ years call center or insurance licensing experience is preferred.
- Licensing experience is desirable; experience with data/working with databases is a plus!
- Ability to work from home.
- Computer and Internet.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/CONDITIONS: General office environment. Some lifting and bending required.
PAYMENT: $25.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
SIGN UP TODAY IF YOU WANT TO GET MOBILE NOTARY SIGNING JOBS!
What do we offer for Mobile Notary Signing Agents?
Go to https://certifiedmobilenotaryservice.com/signing-agent to find out!
Please give us a call at (405) 568-7539 if you would like to discuss the notary marketing options or schedule a booking here:
To expedite your registration submission, you can simply register online by selecting the right options on your application that you are seeking for your notary business.
Please reference agent ID CMNSTanyaPhilip whenever you call or sign up on your application.
• Provide a superior level of customer service to incoming agents that join. This position will require daily interaction with agents and their managers
• Collaborate with agents and program leaders in the certification process for State Based Marketplaces, Federally-Facility Marketplace (FFM), and Medicare Certifications.
• Update systems and databases with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
• Troubleshoot technology issues related to license status that impact an agent's ability to sell.
• Assist agents with completing forms for licensing, appointments, and re-certification; gather documentation and transmits securely and discreetly.
• Help with the on-boarding and administrative tasks for new agents with regards to their resident and non-resident licenses, carrier appointments, and carrier certifications.
• Discretion and adherence to privacy and confidentiality policies.
• Obtain and notarize affidavits and other state licensing documentation.
• Support new agents through carrier required training during on-boarding and for annual re-certification activities.